About The Awards
The Star Outstanding Business Awards (SOBA) are The Star's efforts in recognising up-and-coming enterprises and their contributions to the Malaysian economy. In line with the Government's commitment to develop homegrown enterprises, SOBA seeks to inspire and encourage local businesses to promote Malaysia and showcase its products and services to the world.
To encourage businesses to soar beyond the usual boundaries, these awards will be presented to local enterprises for excelling in areas that span across sectors. This means not only looking at businesses that do well with their bottom lines, but that are at the forefront in anticipating the future needs not only of the company, but also of the economic sector in which they operate. An enterprise that knows how to adjust its operational procedures to meet environmental concerns, and in the process grow its profits, will stand out.
Particular attention will be given to local businesses that export their products or services, as they help to promote Malaysia as a global centre of commercial excellence. It is envisaged that SOBA winners are looking towards listing on the Malaysian stock exchange in the not too distant future.
The awards are further sub-categorised into enterprises that have sales turnover of up to or above RM25 million respectively. This change was called for, to recognise the achievements of upcoming small-medium businesses and start-ups as they compete on a level playing field in the awards. At its core, SOBA recognises the important role local businesses play towards the building up of our nation, whichever space in the revenue spectrum that they occupy.
The Star Outstanding Business Awards ware established to promote excellence and stimulate positive competition, showcasing the achievements attained by outstanding businesses with the following key objectives:
- To recognise the role and contributions of outstanding businesses towards the nation and the economy;
- To encourage local enterprises to continue developing and elevating their businesses;
- To motivate and inspire home-grown businesses to aim for excellence in their products and services;
- To celebrate and highlight the achievements of local enterprises that have contributed to the growth of the community; and
- To inspire and encourage local businesses to promote Malaysia and showcase its products and services to the world.
For more information on SOBA 2019, kindly contact:
Star Media Group Berhad
C/O The Star Events Business Unit,
Menara Star, No. 15, Jalan 16/11,
46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Tel :03-7967 1388 ext 1857 / 1529 (Mon-Fri, 9am – 5.30pm)