PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING THE ENTRY FORM
TO PARTICIPATE IN “THE STAR OUTSTANDING BUSINESS AWARD 2020” (“SOBA”) AS THEY CONTAIN
BINDING LEGAL TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS INCLUDING LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF STAR MEDIA
GROUP BERHAD’S (“Organiser”) LIABILITY. BY SUBMITTING THE ENTRY FORM, YOU ARE DEEMED TO
UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN ITS ENTIRETY.
Your entry submission will be automatically disqualified if you fail to comply with any of the
following Terms and Conditions and/or the Entry Requirements set forth in SOBA’s Submission Pack.
- Participants have to fill up the “Application and Declaration Form” ( “Entry Form”) online via
SOBA microsite at www.soba.com.my or alternatively, they can submit the hard copy to the
Organizer at Menara Star, 15, Jalan 16/11, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
(“Organiser’s Office”) from 25 June 2020 (GMT: 1.00pm) to 4 December 2020 (GMT:
5:30pm) (“Submission Period”). Incomplete Entry Form or Entry Form submitted out of the
Submission Period will be automatically rejected.
- If any information provided by a participant in the Entry Form is subsequently discovered to be fraudulent or false or if there is a material misstatement or omission, the said participant will be automatically disqualified. The same shall apply to any information given by winners whereby the award/prize awarded will be automatically revoked.
- The judges’ decision is final. No appeal will be allowed and/or entertained. The participants shall not resort to court proceedings to review the judges’ decision.
- The Entry Form must be signed off by the duly authorised highest ranking officer of the
- Participants may submit a video clip of not more than four (4) minutes which
address all areas to show why the participants deserve to win SOBA. The video must
fulfil the following criteria:
File Format: MP4
File Size: Not more than 100MB
Submission/Delivery Method: Send the video (saved in thumb drive) to the
Organiser’s Office or include the video link in your online submission
The participants warrant that they have independent, complete, explicit, and
uncontroversial copyright of their videos and that the videos submitted herein do
not infringe upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to the
copyright, reputation and privacy. All legal liabilities for any disputes arising from a
breach of any of the aforementioned warranties shall be borne by the participants
absolutely. The Organiser shall not assume any liability in this regard.
- All submitted Entry Forms and video clips will not be returned and shall remain the property
of the Organiser.
- Unless otherwise specified herein, all ancillary costs are the participants'
- The Organiser will not be responsible for entries damaged or lost through the post. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use non-confidential information of the participants and the logos/brand names/trademarks provided by the participants/winners in all publications and collaterals related to SOBA and/or the Organiser.
- Subject to the Notice set forth in Clause 14 hereof, partners and/or sponsors of SOBA may contact the participants/winners for marketing promotions and activities.
- Participants shall not submit more than one (1) Entry Form for the same award category.
- Shortlisted participants may be contacted for media interviews.
- Winners of SOBA will be announced on the night of the SOBA Ceremony to be held in March
2021 or any other date as may be notified by the Organiser.
- In the event of any award/prize being unavailable for any reason, the Organiser has the right to substitute the award/prize with any other product of similar value. All awards/prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash or for any other prizes. All awards/prizes are given on an “As Is, Where Is” basis.
- By submitting the Entry Form, the participants acknowledge and agree that the Organiser excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded prizes and/or SOBA. Participants shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) resulting from their participation in SOBA, redemption and/or usage of the awards/prizes. The Organiser shall not be held responsible for any liability, mishap, loss, damage, claim or accident (including personal injury and/or death) in any manner whatsoever suffered by the participants as a result of their participation in SOBA and/or the use of the awarded prizes.
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING STATEMENT RELATING TO PARTICIPANTS (“Notice”) IN ACCORDANCE WITH PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT, 2010 (“PDPA”) AND PUBLICITY
- The PDPA governs the processing of the participants’ personal data (“Personal Data”) by the Organiser. This Notice is issued to participants to inform that this is the basis upon which the processing of the Personal Data is done by the Organiser.
- Purpose: All information (including Personal Data) submitted by participants for SOBA shall belong to the Organiser and the participants irrevocably and unconditionally consent and permit the Organiser to use, publish or feature the participants’ and/or their pictures (which may include their names, statements about SOBA or any of its related matter) without further notice or compensation for publicity, advertising or any other related purposes in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to any of the Organiser’s publications, websites and/or any promotional materials connected to SOBA.
- Transfer: The participants’ Personal Data will be kept confidential by the Organiser but the participants agree that for the purposes set out in Clause 14(b) above, the Organiser may transfer or disclose such Personal Data to the following parties within or outside of Malaysia:
- Other partners or any participating partners which owe a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser;
- The Organiser’s agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to the Organiser providing administrative, telecommunications, data processing or other services to the Organiser in relation to SOBA (such as but not limited to professional advisers, customer call centre providers, gift redemption centres or data entry companies);
- Any affiliates that owe a duty of care to the Organiser;
- Any law enforcement agency and/or regulatory body for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or guidelines and/or any person or entity to whom the Organiser is under a binding obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rule, regulations, code and/or guideline and/or order of any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
- Access: The participants have the right to request access to and to request correction of the relevant participants’ Personal Data. Nothing herein contained shall limit the rights of any participant under the PDPA.
- All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to SOBA or the awards/prizes not specified herein shall form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without
prior notice and the amended terms and conditions will be uploaded onto www.soba.com.my Participants are highly encouraged to visit SOBA’s website regularly to
ensure that participants are aware of any amendments made by the Organiser. Participants
continued usage of SOBA’s website and/or participation in SOBA after amendments are
posted onto SOBA’s website shall mean the participant agrees to be legally bound by these
terms as amended.
- If SOBA is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, in such event, the Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel SOBA, as appropriate, without prior notice.
- While the Organiser will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date
information in SOBA’s website and Submission Pack, the Organiser makes no warranties or
representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such
information, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including,
without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the content.
- Use of and browsing on SOBA’s website and Submission Pack are done at the participants’
own risk. Neither the Organiser nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or
delivering SOBA’s website and Submission Pack, nor any naming right sponsors, event
sponsors and third parties affiliated with the Organiser shall be liable for any direct,
incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of the participants’
access to, or use of, or browsing SOBA’s website and Submission Pack, or downloading of
any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the website, including, without
limitation, damage to, or viruses that may infect, their computer equipment or other
property as a result thereof. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on SOBA’s website
and Submission Pack is provided to the participants "as is" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.